The Community House invites you to join us for the 33rd Annual Student Art Town Exhibition! This special exhibition showcases the creative talents of young artists in elementary, middle, and high school, throughout the Metro Detroit area. Educators are encouraged to submit student artists following the guidelines below.
Awards will be determined by Barbara Heller, Director and Conservator for the Detroit Institute of Arts. Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards will be given to artists in each age group (K-5th grade, 6th – 8th grade, and 9th – 12th grade). All featured student artists will receive a certificate of merit at the private awards ceremony on Saturday, April 22nd, and a customized celebration book featuring their artwork delivered to their school before the end of the year.
- Each school may submit a total of 8 pieces. For schools that have combined levels such as lower, middle, and upper – each level can submit up to 6 pieces
- Art pieces are required to be delivered to The Community House April 17th – April 19th between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. All artwork must be delivered with a Student Art Label complete and attached to the bottom right – hand corner of the art piece. Please ensure the information is clear and legible. Student Art Labels will be sent to you shortly after submission.
- Art pieces are required to be delivered to The Community House with wire or string attached for hanging. Please avoid heavy, or framed artwork.
- 3-D Artwork and Jewelry submissions are accepted, however, please communicate approximate dimensions, weight, and display needs for these art forms. We will do our best to incorporate as many pieces as possible!
- Please provide an email address for each student, and/or their caregiver’s email address, so that we may send an invitation to the family for the event. This information will be kept confidential and not shared for any other purpose.
- Please send a clear image of each individual art piece to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to delivery the week of April 17th to be included in the commemorative book.
Click here to complete the inventory form no later than Wednesday, April 5th to be included in the 33rd Student Art Town Exhibition. Please select your individual student art submissions (no group projects) following the guidelines mentioned below.
Student artwork will be on display for the public to view on Friday, April 21st from 4:00 – 8:00 pm. A private Awards Ceremony for will take place on Saturday, April 22nd for educators, the selected artists, and their immediate family.
Much gratitude and appreciation to DeRoy Testamentary Foundation for your amazing support!