Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, cash, and bi-weekly payroll for the Association and Foundation.
Responsibility• Processes Accounts Payable including
o Obtaining approval for invoices received.
o Entering purchasing card transactions into QuickBooks.
o Recording into QuickBooks using correct account and classification.
o Maintaining accurate Accounts Payable aging of outstanding invoices.
o Printing checks, obtaining necessary signatures, and mailing checks on bi-weekly basis.
o Processing monthly Program teacher payroll; update Excel worksheet quarterly based on current catalog.
• Processes Accounts Receivable including
o Creating QuickBooks invoices from Caterease invoices received from Hospitality and entering in Accounts Receivable.
o Mailing invoices to customers with outstanding balances.
o Entering receipts of payments into Quickbooks and preparing bank deposits.
o Generating reports of outstanding invoices and emailing to Hospitality Sales staff for review.
o Generating and mailing statements as needed.
• Preparing and recording daily bank deposits
o Entering Receivables and Advance Deposits into Quickbooks.
o Reconciling weekly and monthly receipts.
• Administers Payroll including
o Updating employee compensation, deductions, and banking information into on-line payroll system.
o Reviewing digital timecards for proper approval, appropriate hours worked and time-off allocations.
o Entering bi-weekly payroll on-line and transmitting to payroll company.
o Generating regular payroll reports and requested reports.
o Processing 401K contributions and quarterly 401K matches.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications• Minimum of Associates Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years of accounting work experience desired.
• QuickBooks and nonprofit experience a plus.
• Payroll experience a plus.
• Excellent mathematical aptitude.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good organization and planning skills.
• Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Able to meet required deadlines and able to work, at times, under pressure.
• Able to keep the necessary employee, salary, and other proprietary information confidential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Able to define accounting problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Able to deal with abstract as well as with concrete problems.
• Job frequently requires sitting and working at the computer for long periods of time.
• Job requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
Work Schedule• Normally works Monday through Friday.
• Occasional overtime may be required.
• May periodically go off site to bank and/or storage unit.