Under the direction of the Senior Director, Office of Donor Relations & Stewardship, the Annual Giving Manager’s job is to develop, plan, execute, track/monitor and evaluate a comprehensive full-year annual giving program. This position will work to successfully organize and develop direct mail solicitations, online giving, a personalized cultivation program, monthly giving, comprehensive donor analysis and personal acknowledgement of all annual fund donations.
Responsibility• Coordinates a comprehensive annual fund program designed to broaden the organization’s donor base, build donor relationships and increase overall participation and financial support of the organization’s annual fund.
• Coordinates and oversees all aspects of the annual fund program including: managing a targeted, multi-approach direct mail program, analysis of donor data and gift trends, analysis of all mailings sent throughout the year, administering a follow-up program, participating in special giving days (i.e. #GivingTuesday), incorporating electronic requests for gifts and personally acknowledging all annual fund donations.
• Identifies annual fund donors and prospects between $500 and $5,000 with a focus on increasing annual gifts and re-engaging donors who have stopped giving. Makes recommendations on how these identified donors could become active annual givers.
• Establishes fundraising goals, objectives, strategies, schedules, and tracks, monitors and analyzes the results for each element of the annual fund campaign – monthly as well as annually.
• Works with both internal and external individuals and companies to coordinate a cohesive annual marketing effort to increase annual gifts through email campaigns, social media and events related to the annual fund.
• Tracks all donors and donations in order to identify the donors who have become LAPSED (gave in the prior year but not yet in the current year) and recommends suggestions, such as additional appeals to be sent, to re-engage these donors.
• Works with a few of the Senior Men’s Club committees on developing and carrying out fundraising campaigns and maintains communication with these parties in order to provide updates and suggestions.
• Writes messages and content for printed, electronic and verbal script materials.
• Analyzes data regarding annual giving programs, donors and past giving trends to provide analyses of program results and participates in future budgeting and forecasting process.
• Works with the Foundation Team on opportunities to recognize donors (i.e. donor giving programs, donor wall, donor brick program, etc.).
• Plans and executes the annual Tribute Terrace Reception.
• Supports the Foundation Team on other fundraising initiatives when assigned by leadership.
Qualifications• College degree preferred.
• Prior non-profit fundraising experience valuable.
• Excellent communication skills; communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Ability to evaluate, interpret and present donor data and giving trends.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects while maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to keep the necessary proprietary and financial information confidential.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Basic financial background with ability to interpret budgets.
• Desire and ability to meet new people and new situations.
• Independent and innovative self-starter who displays an ability to learn quickly and adapt easily.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to learn internal software programs such as fundraising databases. Experience with Donor Perfect a plus.
• Ability to define problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Ability to deal with a wide universe of people and able to resolve problems with donors as they arise.