We are looking to add a second full-time Assistant Director to our staff! Position will report to the Director and assist in the day-to-day management of the Early Childhood Center (ECC) while promoting each child’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development in a warm and nurturing environment. Responsibilities include supervising staff, providing required classroom coverage, ensuring policies and programs are adhered to, orienting new families and ensuring overall quality and safety of Center is maintained.
Responsibility• Assist in maintaining a 5 Star rating in the QRIS rating system.
• Ensure State of Michigan Childcare Licensing rules are met at all times.
• Maintain records for all staff and enrolled children.
• Schedule Early Childhood Center staff; provide adequate classroom coverage to maintain quality programming at all times.
• Review and approve end-of-day student reports.
• Coordinate, review and publish monthly Early Childhood Center Newsletter.
• Prepare agenda for Staff Meeting with Director.
• Assist in arranging public relations activities involving the Early Childhood Center including Earth Day planting, Baldwin House activities, Open Houses, etc.
• Assist in planning and leading Center events, parent training, and educational programs for staff and parents.
• Support Director in establishing and sustaining a sense of community through parent and staff involvement.
• Assist Director in ensuring Center grounds, classrooms, and office area are clean, attractive, inviting, and meet licensing regulations.
• Assist Director with follow-up of all phone messages, scheduling and conducting of new families for tours.
• Keep Director regularly informed of issues regarding the ECC.
• Assume Director’s responsibilities in the Director’s absence.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend general staff meetings, leadership meetings and occasional TCH all-staff meetings.
• Complete a minimum 26 hours per year continuing education in child
• Complete annual Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid training in order to maintain required certification.
• Support the mission of The Community House.
• Assist with supervision of all Early Childhood Center staff including Lead Teachers, Teachers, Support Staff, Substitute Teachers, Volunteers and Interns.
• Participate in hiring process of ECC staff.
• Recommend discipline and termination of employees as needed.
• Assist in preparation of Introductory and Annual Performance Evaluations.
Qualifications• Must have one of the following licensing credentials: a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development; a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a child-related field including 18 credit hours of ECE or Child Development; an Associate’s degree in ECE or Childhood Development including 18 credit hours of ECE or Child Development; or a Child Development Associate credential with 18 credit hours of ECE or Child Development.
• Three years of teaching and supervisory experience in an education based child care setting is preferred.
• Experience with High Scope Curriculum and QRIS rating system preferred.
• Sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Ability to perform numerous tasks simultaneously and meet required deadlines.
• Ability to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite preferred. Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Ability to define problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Ability to deal with abstract as well as with concrete problematic people/children and situations such as dissatisfied and irate parents and children.