Responsible for overseeing banquet and catering events and functions.
Responsibility• Assists with the proper execution of all Banquet & Catering events by:
-Checking contracts for quantity, location, type of food, confirmation of time.
-Following up on any and all changes or directions.
-Ensuring rooms and tables are set-up according to BEO and within TCH standards.
-Ensuring food and beverage are served appropriately, servers are providing an excellent guest experience and tables are cleared timely.
• Sets table with properly polished silverware, clean china, spotless glassware, properly folded napkins, and cleaned and filled condiments.
• Sets buffet table including polishing chaffers and utensils; uses decorations to increase eye appeal.
• Complies with Community House banquet standards.
• Responds to guest requests courteously and efficiently.
• Delivers food and beverage in a timely manner following a sequence of service.
• Opens and closes banquet offices as assigned.
• Completes a Captain Report for every event.
• Completes beverage consumption reports.
• Brings major customer complaints to the attention of the Banquet Manager or VP, Hospitality, Food & Beverage Operations.
• Complies with all health department regulations.
• Takes proper care of all supplies and equipment.
• Adheres to all Community House policies; checks posted work schedule daily.
• Performs pre-function and post-function duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the food and beverage recovery system and cost control.
• Adheres to Community House Policy standard in regard to uniform and grooming.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Oversees Banquet Servers assigned to specific event.
Qualifications• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Two years banquet and serving experience required.
• Minimum one year supervisory experience.
• Current ServSafe Food Certification and State Alcohol Certification required or ability to obtain certifications within 30 days.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Strong organization and planning skills.
• Ability to express oneself verbally in an articulate and effective manner when communicating with staff, vendors, and guests.
• Good mathematical aptitude; takes money and makes change.
• Self-starter; able to work with little supervision.
• Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Able to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
• Able to deal with difficult customers and to resolve their concerns.
• Job requires walking, standing, sitting, stooping, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
• Stands and walks for extended periods of time during various events.
• Must be able to carry tray with food and dishes to and from kitchen and serve plates to guests.
Work Schedule• Works a flexible work schedule.
• Works evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
• May occasionally work holidays.
• May work off-site when working at catered events.