The Community House (TCH) is currently seeking a Banquet Houseperson (full time or part time) responsible for all room set-ups and cleaning of all areas of the building and grounds.
Responsibility• Responsible for all room set-ups in compliance with established standards, Caterease, and customer input.
• Responsible for timely tear downs of room set-ups following event.
• Responsible for the physical condition of all areas of the building.
• Maintains the cleanliness and presentation of all floors, carpeting, tile, wood slate and cement.
• Maintains grounds as required by seasonal changes. This includes watering flowers and beds, and keeping sidewalks clean and clear of snow and debris.
• Maintains excellent customer relations with other staff members and general public.
• Transports bulk mail and miscellaneous items to offsite locations.
• Maintains equipment to peak efficiency; reports malfunctions and possible hazards to the Operations-Level 3.
• Ensures the security and safety of the building by inspecting windows, doors, hallways, etc.
• Operations Lead resolves minor issues with clients. Refers larger problems to Operations Supervisor.
• Job requires standing, sitting, stooping, bending, crawling, pulling, pushing, climbing, and lifting over 50 pounds.
• Walk to all areas of The Community House.
• Operates various types of equipment such as sound system, A/V equipment, power tools; adjusts heating and cooling equipment.
Qualifications• High school degree preferred.
• Able to operate various types of equipment including boiler, sound system, A/V equipment, vacuum, buffer, snow removal equipment and other power tools as required.
• Self-motivated; able to work with minimum supervision.
• Computer skills necessary to operate Caterease.
• Must be able to organize day to accomplish what needs to be completed by required deadline.
• Good customer service skills.
• Able to deal with and solve minor situations that result in dissatisfied and irate clients.
• Able to recognize situations requiring management intervention.
Work Schedule• Works flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends to align with scheduled events at The Community House.
• Occasional overtime required.