The Community House (TCH) is currently seeking a Banquet Manager responsible for managing all front of house operations for The Community House including managing events and the ordering/inventory of all front of house beverage, linens and other necessary items.
Responsibility• Responsible for the orientation and training of all Banquet Servers and Bartenders on banquet and catering procedures, proper dress, attitude, ability, and customer service.
• Assists Hospitality and Logistics Manager in scheduling shifts for staff.
• Ensures all functions are set accordingly and staff is prepared and organized before scheduled start.
• Maintains continuous contact with kitchen staff to assure effective communication between food production and food service.
• Advises the Hospitality and Logistics Manager of any unusual requests.
• Executes all Banquet and Catering functions which includes:
o Supervising staff from set-up thru quality service to clean-up of event room.
o Checking contracts for accurate quantity, location, type of food, confirmation of time.
o Following up on any and all changes or directions.
o Assuring that all equipment is assembled and in working order.
• Supervises all bar service/maintenance which includes:
o Monitoring inventory and staffing bar with bartenders.
o Securing cost out of cash bar.
o Maintaining bar security and cleanliness.
o Supervising servers, bartenders and all other front of house staff.
o Monitoring bar/inventory with servers.
• Maintains a clean and organized facility.
• Completes Banquet Captain Report at conclusion of event.
• Attends department, general staff, and weekly Banquet & Catering meetings.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, supervising, disciplining, evaluating and terminating of Banquet Servers and Bartenders.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree preferred with major related to the hospitality industry.
• Two years of banquet management and serving experience preferred.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
• Ability to express oneself in an articulate and effective manner both verbally and in writing when communicating with staff, vendors, and guests.
• Good financial background.
• Able to interpret and adhere to department budget.
• Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Able to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
• Computer experience with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Ability to deal with problematic people and situations that can result in dissatisfied customers.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from data such as when researching employee issues and guests’ concerns.
• Must have valid State of Michigan Driver’s License.