The Community House is looking for a Banquet Manager responsible for managing all front of house operations including overseeing social/corporate events and the ordering/inventory of all front of house beverage, linens and other necessary items.
Responsibility• Responsible for the orientation and training of all Banquet Servers and Bartenders on banquet and catering procedures, proper dress, attitude, ability, and customer service.
• Assists Hospitality and Logistics Manager in scheduling shifts for staff.
• Monitors and critiques food and banquet functions.
• Advises the Hospitality and Logistics Manager of any unusual requests.
• Executes all Banquet and Catering functions which includes:
Supervising department staff daily and for all special events.
Checking contracts for accurate quantity, location, type of food, confirmation of time.
Following up on any and all changes or directions.
Assuring that all equipment is assembled and in working order.
• Supervises all bar service/maintenance which includes:
Monitoring inventory and staffing bar with bartenders.
Securing cost out of cash bar.
Maintaining bar security and cleanliness.
Supervising servers, bartenders and all other front of house staff.
Monitoring bar/inventory with servers.
• Presents thorough and complete billings for each event to the client.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with major related to the hospitality industry.
• Two years of banquet management and serving experience preferred.
• Outstanding customer service.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Ability to express oneself in an articulate and effective manner both verbally and in writing when communicating with staff, vendors, and guests.
• Strong negotiation skills preferred.
• Good financial background.
• Able to interpret and adhere to department budget.
• Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Able to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
• Computer experience with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Ability to deal with problematic people and situations that can result in dissatisfied customers.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from data such as when researching employee issues and guests’ concerns.
• Must have valid State of Michigan Driver’s License.
• Job requires walking, standing, sitting, stooping and occasionally lifting over 30 pounds.
• Stands and walks for extended periods of time during various events.
• May occasionally carry food and dishes on trays to and from the kitchen.