Responsible for managing all front of house operations for The Community House including managing events, overseeing banquet serving staff, and ordering/inventory of all front of house beverage, linens and other necessary items.
Responsibility• Responsible for the orientation and training of all Banquet Servers and Bartenders on banquet and catering procedures, proper dress, attitude, ability, and customer service.
• Schedules staff and prepares flight plan in accordance with function needs.
• Monitors and critiques food and banquet functions.
• Advises the VP, Hospitality of any unusual requests.
• Complies with and enforces quality and safety standards.
• Executes all Banquet and Catering functions which includes:
• Supervising department staff daily and for all special events.
• Checking contracts for accurate quantity, location, type of food, confirmation of time.
• Following up on any and all changes or directions.
• Assuring that all equipment is assembled and in working order.
• Supervises all bar service/maintenance which includes:
• Monitoring inventory and staffing bar with bartenders.
• Securing cost out of cash bar.
• Maintaining bar security and cleanliness.
• Ordering beer, wine and other alcohol and bar staples such as stirrers, beverage napkins, plastic ware, etc., as needed with the approval of the Hospitality Manager
• Supervising servers, bartenders and all other front of house staff
• Monitoring bar/inventory with servers
• Presents thorough and complete billings, which list the information below, for each event to the client.
• Type of event.
• Billing procedure (interdepartmental/direct).
• Record of all deposits.
• Record all invoices in events book and file.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, supervising, disciplining, evaluating and terminating of Banquet Captains, Servers and Bartenders.
• Supervises Operations staff during events and gives directions on specific tasks.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree preferred with major related to the hospitality industry.
• Two years of banquet management, serving and FOH management experience preferred.
• Current ServSafe Food Certification and State Alcohol Certification required or ability to obtain certifications within 30 days.
• Outstanding customer service.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Able to express oneself in an articulate and effective manner both verbally and in writing when communicating with staff, vendors, and guests.
• Strong negotiation skills preferred.
• Able to interpret and adhere to department budget.
• Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Able to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Able to deal with problematic people and situations that could result in dissatisfied customers.
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from data such as when researching employee issues and guest concerns.
• Valid State of Michigan Driver License.
• Job requires walking, standing, sitting, stooping, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
• Stands and walks for extended periods of time during various events.
• May occasionally carry food and dishes on trays to and from the kitchen.