Responsible for overseeing execution of hospitality events ensuring standards are met, quality achieved and excellent overall customer experience. Manages front of house staff.
Responsibility• Manages frontline service staff including servers and bartenders; regular and temporary staff.
• Trains all frontline staff on event standards and procedures, proper dress, attitude, ability, and customer service.
• Schedules staff and prepares flight plan in accordance with needs of event.
• Executes high-quality events for internal and external customers including:
o Reviewing contracts for accurate quantities, location, type of food, confirmation of time.
o Following up on any and all changes or directions.
o Supervising servers, bartenders and other front of house staff during event.
o Briefing all front of house staff prior to start of event.
o Checking room and table set-up before start of event.
o Responding to any customer or back of house issues immediately and professionally.
o Ensuring room is properly turned around and cleaned following event.
o Evaluates highs and lows of function/event, makes appropriate adjustments.
• Oversees all bar service and maintenance which includes:
o Training and scheduling bartenders.
o Securing cost out of cash bar.
o Maintaining bar security and cleanliness.
o Monitoring inventory.
o Ordering beer, wine and other alcohol as well as bar staples such as stirrers, beverage napkins, plastic ware, etc., as needed.
• Routinely checks building to ensure rooms/halls/restrooms meet standards and procedures being followed.
• Manages beverage and linen inventory and ordering.
• Ensures all hospitality equipment is maintained and in excellent working condition.
• Establishes and enforces banquet operation standards and procedures.
• Oversees food-to-go or outside catering programs and/or opportunities.
• Advises Senior Vice President, Operations of any unusual requests.
• Develops task list for projects to be completed during staff down time.
• Develops creative ways to motivate and inspire staff to excellence.
• Conducts quarterly inventory of equipment and beverage; provides quarterly report to Senior Vice President, Operations.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Oversees all servers and bartenders including the hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, scheduling, and terminating of staff.
• Assists with supervision of culinary, facilities, and housekeeping staff.
Qualifications• Accredited certificate or diploma in Catering, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or similar experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and/or Culinary Arts preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in banquet management preferred.
• Previous experience overseeing take-out or catering programs a plus.
• Experience in supervising banquet venue staff.
• Energetic and friendly personality.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage budget.
• Self-starter with strong work ethic.
• Ability to sell the services of The Community House.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
• Able to handle numerous events simultaneously while maintaining a pleasant, receptive, and calm demeanor.
• Ability to work under effectively under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Able to deal with problematic people and resolve situations that could have resulted in dissatisfied and irate customers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and catering management software such as Caterease.