Responsible for teaching high-quality beginner through advanced level dance classes; including but not limited to Hip Hop, Tap, Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Contemporary, and/or Modern while sharing a passion for the art with both youth and adult dancers.
ResponsibilityResponsible for teaching high-quality beginner through advanced level dance classes; including but not limited to Hip Hop, Tap, Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Contemporary, and/or Modern while sharing a passion for the art with both youth and adult dancers.
• Effectively design and plan lessons for all levels and styles assigned. Lessons should include age appropriate music and movements.
• Prepare professional lessons which will enhance the experience of program participants.
• Show respect for all students through fair and equitable distribution of time, use of encouraging language, offering positive reinforcement, constructive criticism, and acknowledging student’s achievements when
• Lead by example in areas such as punctuality, responsibility, motivation, and professionalism.
• Update and maintain attendance records.
• Set up studios and return space and supplies to a neat state upon completion. Return equipment to office and lock up at the end of classes.
• Accurately complete all administrative duties relating to dance class (i.e. responding to emails from the director, editing Summer Showcase music, student evaluations and placements, recital forms, etc.)
• Enforce Center for Dance & Movement rules and policies and maintain constant surveillance of class participants until released back to their parents.
• Keep parents informed weekly through start/end of class lobby announcements and reminders (i.e. reminders for holiday break, upcoming spirit weeks or dress up, payment due dates, other calendar items and
promotions for upcoming classes and camps). Update parents on what students have learned in class or what would be beneficial for them to practice before their next lesson.
• Choreograph end of year Summer Showcase routines for all Summer Showcase classes.
• Report injuries and complete required forms.
• Perform other duties as assigned by director.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend CDM staff meetings and occasional TCH all-staff meetings.
• Attend Summer Showcase performances.
• Maintain C.P.R. certification.
• Assist director in finding substitute dance instructor when unavailable to teach.
• Notify supervisor of any broken equipment or building issues.
• Support the mission of The Community House (TCH).
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Degree in Dance, Professional Experience, or dance pedagogical training/certification.
• Display exceptional interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service.
• Display excellent problem-solving skills and initiative.
• Willing to work late/flexible hours.
• C.P.R. certified preferred.