The Community House Center for Dance & Movement is hiring experienced Dance Instructors for 2021 In-Person Summer Camps/Classes and 2021-2022 In-Person Fall/Winter Classes. Camp Instructors must be available weekday mornings and/or afternoons (less than 20 hours per week).
We are looking for energetic and vibrant dance instructors with experience teaching Preschool Hip Hop and Youth & Teen Hip Hop. We are also seeking teachers with experience in youth and/or adult dance including; Pre-Ballet/Creative Movement, Grownup & Me Dance, Tap, Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Contemporary, Irish Step Dance, Tumbling and Acro, Salsa, Ballroom and more!
Our program emphasizes extraordinary dance instruction and movement practice in a safe, high-quality studio environment. Our youth dance programs are centered on cultivating a love of learning through the art and fun of dance. Our adult programs offer enriching dance, fitness, and mindfulness practices open to all skill levels. A love of dance and movement starts here!
Please send your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you love to teach dance!
Responsibility• Design, plan and teach age appropriate lessons.
• Choreograph routines for performances and recitals.
• Provide a positive learning atmosphere for all students.
• Maintain quality classroom control.
• Take attendance, report injuries, conduct student evaluations and placements, complete recital forms and other administrative duties.
• Set-up studio prior to class and return studio to neat state upon completion of class.
• Communicate with parents regularly and timely regarding announcements and reminders.
Qualifications• Degree in Dance or minimum two (2) years professional experience or dance pedagogical training/certification preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and high level of customer service.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative.
• Willing to work evenings and flexible hours.
• C.P.R. certified preferred.
Work ScheduleSummer Camp Instructors must be available weekday mornings and/or afternoons (less than 20 hours per week).
Fall/Winter Instructors must be available to work flexible hours including afternoons, evenings and weekends (less than 20 hours per week).