The Community House Dance Academy is hiring experienced Dance Instructors for the 2019-2020 Dance Season! We are looking for energetic and vibrant dance teachers! Instructors must be experienced in Tap and at a minimum be comfortable teaching at an intermediate level. We will still review applications of those proficient in styles besides Tap, including Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Parent & Me, Creative Movement, Pointe and/or Hip Hop.
Responsibility• Design, plan and teach age appropriate lessons.
• Choreograph routines for performances and recitals.
• Provide a positive learning atmosphere for all students.
• Maintain quality classroom control.
• Take attendance, report injuries, conduct student evaluations and placements, complete recital forms and other administrative duties.
• Set-up studio prior to class and return studio to neat state upon completion of class.
• Communicate with parents regularly and timely regarding announcements and reminders.
Qualifications• Degree in Dance or minimum two (2) years professional experience or dance pedagogical training/certification preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and high level of customer service.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative.
• Willing to work evenings and flexible hours.
• C.P.R. certified preferred.