Our Early Childhood Center has recently expanded! We are looking to add a Director position responsible for the overall general management including the direction, oversight, and quality management of the Early Childhood Center (ECC) while promoting each child’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development in a warm and nurturing environment.
Responsibility• Provide educational and philosophical direction to the program.
• Maintain a 5 Star rating in the QRIS rating system.
• Ensure State of Michigan Childcare Licensing rules are met at all times.
• Maintain records for all staff and enrolled children.
• Ensure planning and implementation of quality HighScope curriculum.
• Oversee development, implementation and evaluation of ECC policies and programs.
• Facilitate parent contact in regard to waiting list, new family tours, enrollment, orientation, and parent conferences.
• Hire, train, and evaluate Early Childhood Center Staff.
• Provide for ongoing staff development.
• Plan, order and maintain materials and equipment for Center as needed.
• Ensure Center grounds, classrooms, and office area are clean, attractive, inviting, and within licensing regulations.
• Coordinate food service with Hospitality Department.
• Arrange for public relations activities involving the Early Childhood Center including Earth Day planting, Baldwin House activities, Open Houses, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend TCH leadership meetings and occasional TCH all-staff meetings.
• Prepare weekly report for President & CEO.
• Prepare periodic reports for the President & CEO for inclusion in report to the Board of Directors.
• Complete a minimum 24 hours per year continuing education in child development and behavior, High Scope Curriculum, or some combination of both.
• Complete annual Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid training in order to maintain required certification.
• Support the mission of The Community House.
• Oversee all Early Childhood Center staff including Assistant Directors, Lead Teachers, Teachers, Support Staff, Substitute Teachers, Volunteers and Interns.
• Hire, train, schedule, evaluate, discipline and terminate employees as required.
• Oversee Introductory and Annual Performance Evaluation process.
Qualifications• Must have one of the following licensing credentials: a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development; a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a child-related field including 18 credit hours of ECE or Child Development; an Associate’s degree in ECE or Childhood Development including 18 credit hours of ECE or Child Development; or a Child Development Associate credential with 18 credit hours of ECE or Child Development.
• Minimum three years experience as Assistant Director or Director in Early Childhood Educational setting preferred.
• Experience with HighScope Curriculum and QRIS rating system preferred.
• Sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic financial background with ability to write and interpret budgets.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Ability to perform numerous tasks simultaneously and meet required deadlines.
• Ability to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite preferred. Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Ability to define problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Ability to deal with abstract as well as with concrete problematic people/children and situations such as dissatisfied and irate parents and children.