We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and driven Event Sales Director with 3-5 years sales experience within a service industry. Event Sales Director will be responsible for pursuing and securing external sales by establishing relationships and partnerships with local businesses, organizations, and beyond to generate new business and meet established sales targets. The primary focus of this position is new business and corporate/business sales.
Responsibility• Conducts daily calls and face-to-face meetings with local businesses, organizations, and other prospective clients to establish new business for The Community House (TCH) Hospitality Operations Department.
• Follows-up on leads, cold calls, and establishes relationships to increase sales.
• Maintains accurate records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts.
• Constructs a comprehensive sales package including marketing materials, gifts, and script used to approach businesses about hosting events and/or conducting meetings at The Community House.
• Attends networking events, wedding shows, and trade shows on behalf of TCH to increase sales.
• Submits regular sales reports to management summarizing prospects, status, and results.
• Monitors sales activity to ensure sales goals are met and reports variances to management.
• Works as a liaison between clients and the execution team.
• Reviews event/meeting details with Hospitality Operations staff to ensure personnel understand client expectations and that expectations and details can be carried out.
• May periodically attend events to ensure functions run smoothly, client’s needs are being met, and problems that arise are resolved to the satisfaction of the client and/or in coordination with client. Assigns responsibility for same to on-site TCH representative at event (e.g., Banquet Captain).
• Researches industry competition, new services, and market conditions to ensure TCH clients are paying a competitive price. Recommends pricing structures for room, food, beverage, and other services.
• Works collaboratively with other Community House Departments relative to the allocation of space consistent with TCH policies and procedures.
• When necessary, follows up on past due accounts.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of proven outside sales experience within a service industry.
• Catering, sales office experience, and/or banquet experience a plus.
• Demonstrated expertise in customer engagement.
• Self-starter and proactive problem solver.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to express oneself in an articulate and effective manner.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn internal software packages quickly.
• Strong aptitude for math and understanding of budgetary and fiscal responsibility.
• Able to work under sometimes stressful conditions balancing multiple commitments simultaneously and meeting required deadlines while maintaining a pleasant receptive demeanor.
• Able to define problems and think creatively when recommending appropriate, and sometimes creative, solutions.
• Must be able to operate the computer, phone and a variety of other office equipment.
• Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
• Must have own vehicle.
Competitive Benefits: Including medical, dental, short-term disability, life, paid vacation and sick time, 401(K) retirement plan with match.
Compensation commensurate with experience.