The Community House is looking for a full-time Grant Writer responsible for the research, preparation and timely execution of grant proposals for the organization; including but not limited to prospect research, grantor relationship building and funded grant management.
Responsibility• Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to government, private foundation, corporate and individual sources.
• Prepares accurate budgets and supporting materials for proposals and applications.
• Performs research on government, private foundations, corporations and individuals to evaluate prospects for grant funding.
• Complies with all grant reporting as required by funders including working with controller to gather any financial information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs.
• Maintains relationships with funders, community partners and others.
• Researches, identifies, and helps secure new and existing sponsors/sponsorship support from foundations, corporations and individuals.
• Maintains current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Closely monitors annual grant writing budget in an effort to meet or exceed financial goals.
• Develops thorough understanding of organizational history and current programs for funding.
• Achieves established targets specific to funds raised and new proposals written.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications• College graduate, previous grant writing experience with a history of success required.
• Excellent skills in research and English including writing, editing and proofreading.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience dealing with non-profit organizations.
• Desire and ability to meet new people and new situations.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with impeccable attention to detail.
• Self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Able to keep confidences of President & CEO and Senior Director of Development as well as proprietary information.
• Strong project management and analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Must be able to operate computer, phone, copier and various other office equipment.
• Able to define problems and recommend appropriate solutions.