The Community House is looking to hire part-time Logistic Technicians to work 25-30 hours per week. Techs are responsible for the day-to-day set-up and tear-down of all space as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the building and grounds. Candidates must have flexibility to work daytime, evening, weekend and occasional holiday.
Responsibility• Sets up rooms in compliance with established standards and per customer contract.
• Tears down room set-ups following event in timely manner.
• Maintains physical condition of all areas of the building.
• Maintains the cleanliness and presentation of all floors, carpeting, tile, wood slate and cement.
• Maintains grounds as required by seasonal changes. This includes watering flowers and beds, and keeping sidewalks clean and clear of snow and debris.
• Maintains excellent customer relations with other staff members and general public.
• Transports bulk mail and miscellaneous items to offsite locations.
• Maintains equipment to peak efficiency; reports malfunctions and possible hazards to the Logistics Supervisor.
• Ensures the security and safety of the building by inspecting windows, doors, hallways, etc.
• Assists housekeeping with daily tasks when assigned.
• Uses provided checklist to work on projects around the house.
• Turns in checklist at the end of every shift to Logistics Supervisor for approval.
• When there is not an active project to be completed, finds tasks around the house to complete.
• Maintains Community House equipment including chairs, tables, etc.
• Provides security for the building by doing multiple daily walkthroughs to identify issues.
• Ensures rooms are set-up properly and meet the standards of The Community House.
• Ensures when events or classes have concluded that rooms are cleared and cleaned in a timely fashion; including any housekeeping touch-ups that may be needed.
• Provides assistance to guests or staff that may need help connecting to our technology.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications• High school degree preferred.
• Able to operate various types of equipment including boiler, sound system, A/V equipment, vacuum, buffer, snow removal equipment and other power tools as required.
• Self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision.
• Computer skills necessary to operate Caterease.
• Must be able to organize day to accomplish what needs to be completed by required deadline.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Able to deal with and solve minor situations that may result in dissatisfied customers.
• Able to recognize situations requiring management intervention.
• Valid State of Michigan driver’s license.