Responsible for supporting daily activities within the department including overseeing class registrations, ASAP software, and class instructors.
Responsibility• Maintains ASAP software which includes, but is not limited to, accepting registrations for programs, preparing class rosters, overseeing on-line registration procedures, administering instructor access to online rosters, applying upgrades, generating the required reports.
• Maintains set-up of all Classes, Camps, Dance Classes, Programs and Enrichment initiatives in Caterease.
• Oversees administration and required training of nearly 200 program instructors including seasonal staff.
• Maintains class and instructor files; prepares and executes instructor contracts, hiring paperwork and background checks.
• Prepares and submits monthly compensation for 1099 instructors to Accounting.
• Assists with catalog production including researching and developing new class opportunities, securing and scheduling classes, creating catalog copy and proofing catalog details.
• Functions as liaison with other departments to ensure set-ups, volunteers, food & beverage and other requirements for programs and classes are clearly communicated and executed.
• Observes and attends minimum of two unique classes per Session.
• Coordinates constituent communication via email for department activities, classes and programs.
• Compiles reports for Programs & Classes, Center for Dance & Movement, and Enrichment as requested.
• Assists Senior Director, Programs & Classes, Enrichment and, Center for Dance & Movement as requested.
• Assists in the updating of department brochures, fliers and procedure manuals.
• Coordinates Programs & Classes, and Enrichment volunteers.
• Strategizes and develops effective marketing plan incorporating traditional and social media with Senior Director.
• Researches, plans, and implements additional special programming and events based upon community interest and available resources with Senior Director.
• Assists Senior Director in execution of the following functions relative to educational programming:
o Determines community interests and needs; and plans educational programs accordingly.
o Plans the overall scheduling of class terms and production schedules.
o Schedules dates, times and sets fees for classes.
o Develops quarterly Programs catalog and annual Summer Camp catalog.
o Plans and organizes mailings and other site distributions of catalogs.
o Oversees student registration and data base operations.
o Oversees the administration of nearly 200 instructors (Independent Contractor) agreements.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with the running of the evening and weekend programs as needed.
• Assists with the implementation of Programs & Classes, Enrichment, and the Center for Dance & Movement initiatives as required.
• Ensures coverage at the Programs & Classes desk during regular business hours.
• Attends all department and general staff meetings.
• Supports the mission of The Community House.
Qualifications• College graduate preferred.
• Non-profit experience a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; able to express oneself in an articulate and effective manner.
• Excellent phone and interpersonal skills; positive demeanor.
• Well organized; ability to handle interruptions and move from one activity to another while maintaining a pleasant receptive disposition.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Excellent computer skills including being proficient in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn internal software programs.
• Strong proofreading skills and great attention to detail.
• Desire and ability to meet new people and be involved in new situations.
• Able to define problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Able to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
• Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Able to deal with dissatisfied and irate parents, class participants, or teachers and resolve their basic concerns.
• Must be able to operate computer, phone, copier and other office equipment.
Employee and Public Contact:
• Daily contact with program registrants and participants, parents, and instructors.
• Works closely with all members of Programs & Classes, Enrichment, and the Center for Dance & Movement.
• Regular contact with Hospitality, Accounting, Logistics and Volunteer Coordinator.
• Job requires sitting at desk for long periods of time.
• Works at the computer and talks on the phone for extended periods of time.
• Stands for long periods of time during special program activities.
• Job requires standing, sitting, stooping, bending and some lifting over 25 pounds.
Work Schedule• General office hours are Monday through Friday.
• Able to work flexible hours which includes some evenings and weekends.