The Community House is seeking on-call and part-time service individuals to work our in-house social and corporate events; providing a hospitable “service with a smile” experience!
Responsibility• Set up of dining tables for events to include proper set of linen, silverware, glassware and additional event needs.
• Proper set of stations and buffets to include polishing chaffers and utensils along with additional event needs.
• Complies with Community House hospitality operation standards as outlined in training manual.
• Responds to guest requests courteously and efficiently.
• Delivers food and beverage in a timely manner following a sequence of service as trained.
• Brings major customer complaints to the attention of the Banquet Captain or Banquet Manager.
• Complies with all health department regulations.
• Takes proper care of all supplies and equipment.
• Adheres to all Community House policies.
• Checks posted work schedule and arrives to work in a timely manner.
• Performs pre-function and post-function duties as assigned by the Banquet Captain.
• Responsible for food and beverage recovery system and cost control.
• Adheres to Community House Policy regarding uniform standards and grooming expectations.
• Reports broken or non-functioning equipment to Banquet Captain or Banquet Manager.
• Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications• Previous banquet serving experience a plus, however, onsite training will be provided.
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn essential to success.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Ability to verbally express oneself in an articulate and effective manner when communicating with staff and guests.
• Self-starter who can anticipate event and guests needs.
• Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Able to work under pressure, with a positive attitude, while providing excellent customer service.
• Able to deal with difficult customers and to resolve their basic concerns professionally.