Join us for a prestigious night at this year’s Bates Street Society Dinner on Saturday, September 11, 2021. The event will feature a delicious three course seated dinner, wine and cocktails, live entertainment by jazz saxophonist Jeff Ponders II, and inspirational recognition of our members and pillars.
Master of Ceremonies: Mr. Huel Perkins, Broadcast Journalist, News Anchor, and iconic Reporter.
The Bates Street Society was created in 2015 to recognize donors who make significant charitable contributions to support the work and mission of The Community House in Birmingham. Members are acknowledged annually at The Bates Street Society Dinner, a black-tie event hosted by The Community House Association and Foundation Boards of Directors. The Bates Street Society Dinner also recognizes The Community House’s annual Pillars of Vibrancy: Business, Education, Culture, Wellness and Philanthropy.
The 2021 Pillar Society Inductees are:
- Honorable Dave Bing — Business & Culture
- Dominic DiMarco — Education
- Barry Franklin, Ph.D. — Wellness
- Lila Lazarus — Wellness & Education
- Duane Mezwa, M.D. — Wellness & Education
- Rabbi Daniel B. Syme — Culture
- Linda Schlesinger-Wagner — Business & Philanthropy
- S. Evan Weiner — Business & Philanthropy
- Jessie Beld Elliott and Ed Welburn — Business & Philanthropy
Black Tie Optional, Complimentary Valet Parking
For ticket information to the Bates Street Society Dinner, please click HERE
PRIVATE VIP CHAMPAGNE RECEPTION SPONSOR: